Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Breif Life in Spain

I have this thing with boats. I mean I've always liked them, but I am recently a little obsessed with them. Coasting over waves is a freeing experience, and water can be astoundingly beautiful. I can feel my stomach doing loops, and it feels amazing.

I never knew that water could be so incredibly blue, of course I knew that crystal clear, blue water existed somewhere in the world, but seeing is very different from knowing it's out there. Swimming with fishes, is like being in another world. If I could spend several days at a time living on a yacht, I would, in a heart beat. If I ever acquire enough money to own a boat, I will. It's name will be Jenny, I owe it to Forrest. The only thing better than the sea is the feeling of the sun soaking into my skin. Absorbing the vitamin D and then looking in the mirror never felt better. My skin glows, and I swear it's never looked better. Thank goodness for sun screen and moisturizer though.

Food. The food in Canada sucks. I'm sorry I have always had a strong passion for food, and Canada, but if the French specialize in one thing it's food. I've never eaten in Canada like I have here. The family I am with in Spain are French, Moroccan, and boy do they know everything about wonderful food. I never thought I would eat squid, sardines, partridge, swordfish, lamb and like it, the list of different and incredible food goes on and on, everything I try is more magnificent then the last.

I went to the doctor today for my ear infection. My little ears cannot handle diving, which is very unfortunate because it's so much fun. Despite the burning sensation, I feel like I am now on my way to a swift recovery. Only three more weeks left of the most adventurous summer of my life.

I am proud of myself. I did something brave this summer. I am definitely different. I feel way more open to new things. I feel more open to the world, more exposed.

This summer I changed.

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment