Sunday, July 25, 2010

From a Fancy Hotel Lobby

This summer I started a new life. I left the country I was born and raised in, and moved to another continent for three months. I am starting to miss my old life more and more. The most valuable thing a person can have in life is people who love them. What I miss most is being with people that understand me and know me on a deeper level. At first it was awesome that people thought I was different and interesting because I was an Au Pair from Canada with a University degree in History. It is truly amazing how boring your life story can be after you tell it to enough people. Even if I had the most adventurous life, which I don't, you get horribly sick of the sound of your voice after enough people ask you about you 'American' accent. I do long for the people that really don't care about my education, nationality, or current occupation. I miss the people who miss me.

However, homesickness is only natural after a while, and I have no regrets. If I achieved nothing else, I now have a perfectly rehearsed self history. I like to think it's modest. Try me sometime. For now I think I will leave the hotel lobby and sleep.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment