Tuesday, November 23, 2010

why so complicated?

For the life of me I cannot understand why certain people thrive off making the simplest things complicated. Isn't life difficult enough? I waste a significant amount of my time worrying about school, money, my future etc. etc. I hate having to think about my relationships with other people. Socializing should be the easiest and most enjoyable part of the day. When certain individuals sneak around trying to manipulate other people to gather what usually turns out to be completely irrelevant information, it really pisses me off. If you have something to say to someone or if you have feelings for a person...just tell them. Honestly, what is the worst that can happen? Rejection? Life is full of it, but grow some balls and put yourself out there. Good things happen to those who try.

Gossip. Slander. I'm not stating that I'm completely innocent in this department. We have all been victims and perpetrators in the gossip circle of life, but seriously are we still fifteen? Really? I value honesty above anything else. Sometimes the most refreshing comment is when someone says what everyone else is thinking. Again, life is easier when people just put it out there.

Some of the most intelligent people I have met have zero social skills. Why? How is that even possible? The people who are the most fun are the those who can let loose. Let's just stop thinking and start living.

This weekend I finally came to life again. I love being with people who know how to live. Sometimes too the best moments, the most intimate moments, are when they are no words because what is unsaid is just as beautiful, when feelings are sincere, it just happens. Connecting with someone is more than a physical attraction, even good conversation. I am not suggesting those things aren't important because they are absolutely essential, but you also need to just relax. A light heart and a sense of humour are two of the most admirable qualities, and so simple. It has to be simple. It just has to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment